Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Why I Want to Work at The Disney Store (And Why They Shouldn't Let Me)

Let's be real for a minute here. Nobody is ever 100% honest in job interviews. Even if you say you'd never lose your temper with a customer, and even though you never show that you've lost your temper, there's still that voice in the back of your head begging you to just punch the rude ones in the face. Tempting, but not exactly good for business.

I recently put in an application at The Disney Store and as much as I like to think I'm exactly the kind of employee they're looking for (fun, happy, loves Disney), I am probably the exact opposite (caustic, occasionally rude, maybe loves Disney just a tad but too much.) Nevertheless, I've been looking up some of their interview questions and going over them with a friend of mine, and while some of my answers make her smile and nod... most of them, not so much. Here's a look at my not-so-successful responses, however joking and sarcastic they may be:

What is your definition of the Disney Difference?
People who like Disney are cool, people who don't like Disney drool. If somebody asks me to point them in the direction of the Anastasia dolls, their death will be slow and painful.

A parent and a child walk into the store. Who do you greet first?
Who's got the money?

Are you available on weekends?
Does "available" also mean "sober", or do I get a little leeway there?

Will you be able to work a regular schedule each week?
Sure. But... Wednesdays are a little iffy. Supernatural comes back on October 3rd and sometimes they skip a week or two, so...

What Disney character do you most identify with?
Megara from Hercules. What about you? Did they give you a name along with those rippling pectorals?

How would you encourage customers to return to our store?
Some of them are more trouble than they're worth.

Would you ever steal from our store?
No, not unless you count the Simba doll I hid in my bag as "stealing".
(Really? Do they really ask this?)

What is your favorite Disney film?
Thumbelina. That's Disney, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment